Planning on visiting London? Here are nine things you should take into account before jetting off:
- London is expensive. A tube ride is over £2 just for zone 1 and a lunch out will cost you at least £5. All these things add up!
- It is easy to get around and importantly, it’s safe.
- There are many nice areas in London worth a visit and they are dotted around, so don’t be afraid to get on a tube or train.
- Pack for rain! I know it’s (enter any month of the year), but the weather changes at the drop of a hat.
- Take comfortable shoes. The best way to get to know London is to walk around and you do not want blisters (blister plasters are expensive, see point 1).
- London gets very busy. For the best experience, go in the off-season.
- Londoners walk fast, so try not to stand in the way or walk with your head in the clouds if you don’t want to be spotted as a tourist a mile away.
- You can find food-to-go pretty much anywhere and everywhere, so you won’t starve but a packed lunch will be much cheaper.
- Ubers are cheaper than black cabs if the tube is closed and you need to get somewhere quickly. If you’re not in the rush, take a night bus. You’d be surprised how busy they are.